PRIVACY & COPYRIGHT
1. Copyright Policy
- 1.1 It is our policy that any content included on the Website or within the Online Content and Courses that infringes, or is likely to infringe, the intellectual property rights of any third party will be removed from the Website as soon as possible after we are made aware of such infringement or potential infringement.
- 1.2 If you are the owner of intellectual property rights, or are authorised to act on behalf of an owner, or authorised to act under any exclusive right, you should report any alleged infringements of your intellectual property rights taking place on or through the Website by emailing a Copyright Infringement Notice to [email protected], containing at a minimum the details outlined in section 1.4 below.
- 1.3 We will take whatever action, in our sole discretion, we deem appropriate, including the removal of the challenged content.
1.4 When you notify us in
accordance with paragraph 1.2, your written Copyright Infringement Notice must
contain the following:
- statement telling us you believe that you have found content on the Website which you believe infringes your intellectual property rights;
- which country your intellectual property rights apply to;
- the title of the content concerned and the full URL for access to that content;
- statement explaining how the content infringes your intellectual property rights;
- your mailing address, telephone number and email address so that we can contact you;
- a statement that the information contained in the notice is accurate and that you are the owner of the intellectual property rights or have an exclusive right in law to bring infringement proceedings in respect of its use; and
- your signature (an electronic signature is sufficient).
- 1.5 We will, acting in our sole discretion, terminate Learner Accounts and access to the Website and Online Content and Courses if a Learner has been notified of infringing activity twice or more (regardless of whether the Learner has taken appropriate action as we may direct.
2. Privacy and Security
- 2.1 Personal identification information. We may collect personal identification information from Students in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Students enroll in the School or a Course within the School, subscribe to a newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available in our School. Students may visit the School anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Students only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Students can refuse to supply personal identification information but doing so may prevent them from engaging in certain School related activities.
2.2 How we use collected information. The School may collect and use Students’ personal identification information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
- Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Students as a group use the services and resources provided in our School.
- To send periodic emails
- We may use Student email addresses to send Students information and updates pertaining to their order. Student email addresses may also be used to respond to Student inquiries, questions, or other requests.
- 2.3 Sharing your personal information. We do not sell, trade, or rent Student personal identification information to others.
- 2.4 Third party websites. Student may find advertising or other content in our School that link to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our School. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Student, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
3. Linking to Other Sites
- 3.1 The Website may contain links to pages on other websites (“Linked Sites”), and those Linked Sites may contain content or offer products and/or services for sale.
3.2 We do not author,
edit, control, or monitor these Linked Sites. You acknowledge and agree that:
- we have no responsibility for the accuracy or availability of information provided by Linked Sites; and
- we do not control or endorse the sponsors of such Linked Sites or the content, products, advertising or other materials presented on such Linked Sites.
- 3.3 We may remove any links to Linked Sites from the Website at any time for any reason.
- 3.4 We will not be liable for any transactions conducted by you with third parties through any Linked Site or for any liability arising from any representations or information provided on such Linked Sites.
- 3.5 We appreciate that Linked Sites may contain material in which the operator of the Linked Sites has intellectual property rights. We respect those rights and provide the links for information purposes only. The fact that we have linked to any Linked Site does not create or imply any relationship or partnership between us and the operator of such Linked Site.
4. Trend Atelier’s Intellectual Property Rights
- 4.1 We are the owner or the licensee of all necessary intellectual property rights in all aspects of the Website and Online Content and Courses including but not limited to the technology, source code, all content, software, scripts, images, graphics and audio (the “Online Content and Courses IPR”). The Online Content and Courses IPR is protected to the fullest extent possible by copyright laws. All such rights are reserved. You agree that the Online Content and Courses IPR remain the property of us or the licensor, as applicable, and that all updates and modifications to the Online Content and Courses IPR will vest in us or the licensor, as applicable. You also agree that you have no rights in or to the Online Content and Courses IPR other than the right to use it in accordance with the terms of the licence in paragraph above. Unless otherwise stated, copyright in the Online Content and Courses belongs to the relevant Partner Institution providing the Online Content and Courses.
- 4.2 Other than any content submitted to the Website by you, we own or are licensed to use all present and future copyright, registered and unregistered trademarks, design rights, unregistered designs, database rights and all other present and future intellectual property rights and rights in the nature of intellectual property rights existing in or in relation to the Website (“Trend Atelier IPR”).
- 4.3 If any Online Content and Courses IPR or Trend Atelier IPR vests in you, whether by operation of law or otherwise, you duly assign to us all right, title and interest (whether legal or beneficial) in such Online Content and Courses IPR or Trend Atelier IPR, as the case may be, throughout the world to the fullest extent possible, including any and all renewals and extensions of such Online Content and Courses IPR or Trend Atelier IPR. You unconditionally and irrevocably waive any and all moral rights you may have either now or in the future existing in or in connection with the Online Content and Courses or the Website.
- 4.4 You agree to sign and provide all such deeds, documents, acts and things as we may reasonably require in order to assign any Online Content and Courses IPR and/or Trend Atelier IPR to us, to carry out the intended purpose of these Terms, or to establish, perfect, preserve or enforce our rights under these Terms.